Each year hundreds of educators interested in social media, technology, teaching, and learning gather to build and participate in “unplugged”-style activities as a part of the ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) conference. We’re just days away…
AND so, in true unplugged style, we’ve just added a live two-day online conference for those who want to present or participate from afar… details below!
Our ISTEUnplugged events are free, thanks to the support (and latitude!) given us by the conference organizers at ISTE (HUGE THANKS!) and by our exclusive sponsor this year, Participate. All are welcome! Please note that while the Hack Education unconference and its after-party are open to anyone, as they take place before the formal ISTE conference begins, the events during ISTE do require that attendees be registered for ISTE.
- We’ve just announced ISTEUNPLUGGED.LIVE, June 26 – 27, an online live ed tech conference. For years, when the ISTE conference was called “NECC,” we ran a “Live!” event with on-site and/or online sessions, giving anyone who wanted to a chance to present… whether they had been accepted formally by the conference or not! We half-jokingly called it the Salon de Refuses (hat tip to Jane Krauss, I believe, for the great cultural reference). We had an area or room at the conference center, used a wiki to allow people to schedule in their presentations, and I usually brought one of my daughters to help run it. We’re bringing it back, online-style! So, no matter where you are in the world, here’s your chance to present during ISTE (obviously not at ISTE, but you get the idea). And there’s are schedule/calendar page for anyone to join and watch and participate–and we hope you will!
- You can also follow the amazing connecting taking place by the #notatiste crew, based out of their G+ community–www.NOTATISTE.com takes you there!
- Saturday, June 24th – HACK EDUCATION: Our flagship “unconference” on teaching and learning (originally EduBloggerCon). In our 11th year, this event typically draws 300+ participants from around the world. We start by building a session schedule together and then spend the rest of the day in engaged conversations around amazing topics.
- Saturday, June 24th Evening – AFTER PARTY!: Our now-annual unconference “After Party,” at an earlier time (4:30 – 6:30pm) this year! RSVP Encouraged.
- Sunday, June 25th Afternoon – GLOBAL EDUCATION DAY: Our fourth-annual Global Ed Day is a 3-hour mini-conference organized by Lucy Gray and me for those interested in globally-connecting students and teachers, and a physical followup to the hugely popular online Global Education Conference. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
- Monday, June 26 – Wednesday, June 28 – THE BLOGGERS’ CAFE: Also in its 11th year now, the Bloggers’ Cafe is an informal, couch-chairs-floor gathering area in the conference center for bloggers, social media mavens, and anyone else who wants to find and connect with others. A beehive of constant activity and conversation, the Bloggers’ Cafe makes it hard to go do anything else once you discover it.