This word family activity was created in cooperation with EXPO Dry Erase Marker with Ink Indicator. This is a sponsored conversation written by us on behalf of EXPO. The opinions, text and created resources are all ours.
We are excited to present this second set of resources (a word family activity) to help you get ready for the new school year! This set of word work games includes five different spinner mats that are colorful and more engaging for students than worksheets. Simply print on card stock, laminate and grab some EXPO Dry Erase Markers with Ink Indicator – available in six different colors – and you’re all set!
Be sure to read to the bottom to find out how you can be entered to win a set of 24 EXPO Dry Erase Markers with Ink Indicator AND we will also be giving away three fully printed and laminated sets of resources!
With centers such as these, we are catering to all teachers, but especially those who are needing or wanting to go more paperless with their curriculum and instruction. Creating centers and practice opportunities for students that are timeless and can be reused year after year is important. Especially as we are finding our funding for supplies such as copy paper dwindle.
And once again…in thinking about classroom supplies, we know how frustrating it is to pull out a basket of dry erase markers for a class activity only to find they are out of ink! Been there. Done that. Many. Times. Seems like for us, we spent the first few minutes of many lessons exchanging markers that were dried up and making sure each student had one that was working.
That’s why we LOVE EXPO’s newest product! Their Dry Erase Markers with Ink Indicator are simply amazing and we want you to try them out. You can tell with a quick glimpse if they’re running low and replace them before you even start! And the clear lines make it easy to read students’ handwriting. If you haven’t already, take a look at the specific product information for these awesome markers here: EXPO’s Ink Indicator Dry Erase Markers
PLUS – having centers like this printed, laminated and ready to go will save you time with all the prep work each year! Doesn’t that sound amazing??
This set of centers is particularly engaging for students because they will be busy spinning and creating either real words or nonsense words. Nothing seems to make a little one giggle like a good old crazy word that makes no sense, huh? This should be truly engaging so that you can work with a small guided reading group or even work on individual assessments with students.
This collection of word practice resources includes 5 colorful work mats and 2 recording pages. Here are the directions:
- Students place the tip of their pencil inside a large paper clip in the center of the first spinner wheel on the mat. Then they flick the paper clip to make it spin and land on a letter(s).
- They repeat the procedure with the second spinner wheel on the mat.
- Next they put the first spinner’s letter(s) together with the second spinner’s letter(s) to see if they have created a real or nonsense word.
- Then they use their EXPO Ink Indicator Dry Erase Marker to write the word they created in the correct column on their recording sheet mat. (We have provided this in black & white as well in case you were hoping to use the center as an informal assessment.)
You can download this word family activity here:
To make your life a little more stress-free, be sure to get this set printed, laminated and cut out this summer before the your school year begins next fall. Also, go grab some EXPO Dry Erase Markers with Ink Indicator so you are completely ready to start. Even better, don’t forget to put the markers on your wish list for parents!
Now for your second chance to read about our giveaway!!
You can enter to win a set of 24 EXPO Dry Erase Markers with Ink Indicator right here on our website! This is a value of over $50!! Read carefully below to see how to enter…
- Comment on this post with your thoughts on EXPO’s Dry Erase Markers with Ink Indicator.
- If you haven’t already, take a look back at our last EXPO sponsored post and comment with how you will use our Computation Centers for Math Practice in your classroom.
- Look for ONE more set of resources we will be sharing within the next two months featuring EXPO’s Dry Erase Markers with Ink Indicator and comment on that post too!
Once you have commented on ALL THREE posts you will be entered to win a set of these featured markers!
Even if you don’t get the chance to comment on all three posts, you could still be a winner! We will be randomly selecting a person from the comments we receive on each individual post to win a fully printed and laminated set of those resources! We’ll send them to you all ready to go for your next school year. Doesn’t that sound wonderful??!!